Monday, March 2, 2009

Nanchang hotel mystery

Just because I am one gorgeous flirt who now knows how to cheese for the camera:


Don't you just LOVE my pirate gear?


Now, this is C Mama writing. Anyone have ANY idea what this thing is?...



We found it in our hotel room when we came back in this morning. We've had quite a few laughs over it but, then again, we are dying to know what in the world it is????

In other news, still waiting for the elusive poop to arrive...from PIPA that is. I'm greasing the rails with apple juice and threat of prunes so hopefully we'll have some action soon. Also, interesting that someone noted chocolate is what disappeared from a bag on the fated Beijing-Nanchang flight. Same here. It was some of the gift chocolates that flew the coop. So, I'm a couple of gifts short now. I'll figure something out though....not high on my list of things to worry about.

I gathered up my still sopping stuff and sent it out to the laundry. The look on the laundry guy's face was priceless. He was trying to figure out why it was all wet and heavy. I tried to explain but without much success.

Nap time.... :0) A perfect easy day around here. Just lazing about because it is cold and VERY rainy outside.

53 comments:

Bailey said...

Not quite sure what your little "thingy" is, but it looks like a funnel. Now, why that have supplies you with a funnel is beyond me, but that is what it looks like. I cannot wait for this mystery to be solved!
Just love the pirate gear!

Sherry Mc said...

Sure looks like a funnel to me. Seriously tho, Pipa is beautiful and has a good start on hair. Such a precious smile. Good luck on Pipa pooping. Sherry Mc Virginia

Vivian M said...

Just a guess, but I think that is a thingamajig whatchamacallit- you know, to pour things into a smaller opening without spilling. Like powdered formula into a bottle, for instance. I know it has a name but for the life of me I can't remember.
As for the poop, you may want to ask around because we were told that the babies were already potty trained and held over the potty, while making a certain sound to signal them to go (like a whistle). We did not know this at Gotcha and poor Kerri (who was holding it) did not poop for a day and a half until she finally exploded (and it was not pretty).
Now I won't be able to sleep until I remember what the name of that gadget is, sheesh!

2china4S said...

She's so cute. Love the pirate gear. Where did you get it?

Unknown said...

Well, it looks like a funnel, but I'm not sure why you need one in the hotel, except perhaps to make bottles?

Unknown said...

By the way, LOVE her little smirk!

geminirn said...

What a beauty she is,love her little outfit!! As for the poop,I agree with Vivian....hold her over the toilet with her back against your chest,an arm under her legs(that way you can easily bring her into a fetal position when she begins to bear down)and make a grunting noise.......it worked great for us.

Tammie said...

LOVE the pirate outfit! Erin thinks PIPA's hat is cool too. (She really enjoys seeing the babies coming home.)

I'm thinking that thing must be a funnel. My question is why did they give you a funnel? Is it to make up for the missing stuff from your luggage?

Special K said...

She just gets cuter every day. Maybe it's because she's starting to relax and get comfortable. Well, except for that poop part. Poor baby.

I guess I'm not surprised about the Esther Price. It is worth stealing. :P

Kim said...

I've missed a few days and wow have I missed a LOT! Your daughter is just gorgeous and you make a very dynamic duo. Peas and carrots describes it well :)

When I saw your title post my first thought was...oh so she's mastered being a mom already and gone on to sleuthing...;) Too funny! Well Nancy Drew...my first thought was that it was a bugger snatcher...but obviously it is a funnel...for powdered milk to get into a bottle of course.

Kim said...

Ok... the funnel is cracking me up..
But C is looking tooooo CUTE. in her pirate gear..
Do tell...
Have a great day..
Her smile is AMAZING..
Hugs..

Unknown said...

I vote funnel, too. I wouldn't worry about the gifts too much. In fact, I'm surprised you haven't given most of them out already. The majority of ours went on adoption day. They all ended up in one big jumbled pile so a few missing would not even have been noticed.

It stinks that someone stole your chocolate though. On the other hand, it's awesome that someone stole your heart. She is just so beautiful.

Julia said...

That is one cute pirate, you'll be rich (or poor?) on the plundering that one will do! So glad she's giving her Mama a sweet and easy time, hey the girl knows a keeper when she see's one! :-)

Pug Mama said...

you know what is so funny - just last weekend Maryellen was telling us all NOT to hand wash any clothing and expect it to air dry in the rooms - she warned us that clothing will NEVER air dry! Guess she didn't share that tid bit of information with you!!!!
AND OH MY GOSH, that outfit is to die for - how sweet Pipa looks hamming it up for the camera!!!

Linda said...

She is just adorable and looks like one fun gal just like her Mom.
Glad all is going well and sleeping is good. Lauren loved the prunes and it was not a threat to her. She pooped soon after. Linda

Marla said...

OMG, what a CUTIE. LOVE the pirate gear for sure!!

I'm guessing funnel too, though I have no idea why they left it for you. Feel free to share what some of y'alls guesses have been, I'm sure that would make for a funny post of its own.

Good luck with the poop!

Jenn said...

Congratulations Momma!!! Pipa is a beauty!

Sandra said...

What a cutie!!!

That thing looks like a funnel to me...

Anonymous said...

It is so you can pee standing up.

A Beautiful Mess said...

Hmmm I am the resident poopalogist and forgot to tell you to pack some babylax.....

Your girls is quite stunning in her pirate gear:) Love that shirt!!

I am not sure what that thingy is but I wouldn't be using it for anything! Maybe it is to assist with use of the squaty potty?? LOL!

Safe and happy travels!

LaLa said...

Love the pirate gear and that sweet face.

It is a funnel of course for the huge party you are going to have and funnel your beer LOL

Sofie said...

It is a funnel! If you happen to have a water baby doll with you it would come in handy. But - I believe it is for adding formula to a bottle. Although I can't imagine you would really use it. I remember seeing it on packing lists. I always made the formula right in the bottle liner with hot HOT water and a spoon. Go figure.

SHE IS SO BEAUTIFUL! She looks like a total delight with a good little glint in her eye that makes me think she has a great sense of humor just like her Mom.

~ Alison said...

Perhaps its a funnel? I have no other ideas . . . .

LOVING the pirate gear. She's a keeper for sure!

Liene said...

Lovin' the gear and she looks fab in a hat.

I've been meaning to check in but I have felt like crap-o-la the past few days thanks to my cold sharing hubby.

So glad Pipa is yours!! I'm sure you're now very anxious to get home and get into a routine. I know you've got time to kill there first but if it were me, I'd want to turn around and go home immediately!

Keep those Pipa-licious photos coming!

Jewels of My Heart said...

Oh, what a little beauty!

Looks like a plunger with out a handle from here. lol
We tried to wash just a few things one time in our hotel.... too humid... never would dry and caused quick mold growth in our room. I could smell it! lol
Hope you have clean and DRY clothes soon!
ENJOY!

Mama Melissa said...

i think it is a pee-cup. one of those that people buy when they don't want to use the squatty potty? (don't mean to be gross, but that's what i really think it is!!)

LOVE the baby pic!! HOW CUTE IS SHE! :)

melissa

Kayce said...

Good gawd your girl is just so stinking cute! Those eyes!!!!!! Flirt big time!

I'm gonna throw this out and it may be a bit nasty...(also since you monitor your comments someone may have guessed this and it hasn't posted yet but here goes..) could this be a thingy for women to use if they have to use a squatty potty while you're out touring...just a thought.

Kayce said...

I can't believe I just hit publish on that comment. LOL

Gretchen said...

What a beauty!!!

Dori's Mommy (Diana) said...

We stayed at the Galactic and I never saw anything like that! Enjoy your gorgeous girl!

Nikki said...

Just checkin in on you - SO happy to see your beautiful daughter in your arms at last.
She is amazing! I'm just so happy for you both!

Michael said...

Is it a Diva Cup?

http://www.divacup.com/

Pretty gross if it belongs to someone else?!

Kristy said...

Looks like a little funnel to me, but what in the world would they have left it in your room for???

I am so glad your day is a good one.

Love, Kristy

Middle-Aged Moi said...

A.D.O.R.A.B.L.E. She truly is!

Polar Bear said...

Good Golly ~ How Cute!!!
I'm in LOVE! I can't even begin to imagine how you feel!!!

Miss you!! I'm so glad you are able to post as much as you are.

Hugs!

Robin said...

looks like a funnel to me.

Your girl is a sweetie. Looks like a Mali style shirt there. :0)

Glad she is a good sleeper

Stephe said...

Diva Cup...I bet Michael is right! Ewe. LOL.

LOVE the PIRATE outfit. Just too cute!!!!

EJ said...

She is an absolute DOLL!! I am sure you are over the moon! Pipa just looks so happy!
Ellen

Doreen said...

I can't get over how cute she is! Too bad the missing chocolate wasn't EXLAX!!!!! That'd show them!!! Sounds like you're having a blast!

Doreen in Montreal single mom to Faith-Jiangxi & Mia-Sichuan

Lisa~~ said...

What a cutie patootie piccie. Glad that you're having so much fun and that Pipa sleeps, lucky Mama you!! Love seeing the updates and of course the piccies.

Liz and Ava said...

Oh! She's the most adorable pirate I've ever seen!

Ann said...

oh that smile just spells miscief...she's a adorable, seriously!!!

Lisa and Tate said...

What a gorgous gal! Off the charts cute! Thinking that is a funnel to help with the bottles???

Lisa

Paula said...

Beautiful pic!!! As for the mysterious item found in your hotel room.....it kind of looks like a toilet plunger without the handle. Odd! What's been going on around there?!? ;-)

Anonymous said...

http://www.go-girl.com/index.asp

'Nuff said. LOL

M3 said...

LOVE the little bling look. So cute!!

Anonymous said...

holy moely - your PIPA is astoundingly cute!! seriously. but you knew that. God bless her for sleeping 11 hours for you.

Rhonda said...

Yup, I'd agree with the others...looks like a potty cup. Lucky you!

Jesser said...

Daaaang if she isn't a cutie!! Awwwww :)

Jill said...

I certainly check if it had something to do with urine BEFORE I used it as a funnel if I were you! LOL!!
We learned AFTER the fact that the glasses in our hotel were NEVER washed(and I mean NEVER), just dried with our dirty towels between guests....YUCK!
And in Nanchang...lovely, hey?
Good luck, can't wait to see what you find out!!
Keep the Pipa pics comin'!!!

kitchu said...

Well, I read your latest post first, so I know the poop has arrived (yea!) and what that contraption is for (uhm, yea? not so much). And wow, she HAMS IT UP GOOD... what a SMILE your girl has!!!!!

Colleen said...

GAWD!!!!!!!!!!!! That picture is sooooo cute!!!!! What a beautiful little pipa!!

I didn't have a funnel.....

JMCS said...

Too funny about the funnel. Why was it there and what were they doing with it (lol)???

LOVE little Pipa's adorable outfit and good luck on the poo. We had the same situation. We took BabyLax with us. The tour guide was hoping that he could rub her stomach to get her to poo, but nothing worked but BabyLax. Check the market there, they may have something like that. We gave it to her and she pooed within 30 seconds. We could hardly put anything under her, we grabbed a towel on the bed and out it under her. We threw it away and decided we would rather pay for it then have someone find it (lol). Good luck with that.

Hugs,
Jonni