Friday, March 20, 2009

Ahhhh! The sigh of relief.

Jut a quickie because I have much to do during this naptime. Yeah, I know you want pictures. I gotta work on that one. Right now the camera is in the car.

In the meantime:

1) A sweet friend of mine has offered up her photography expertise for C. We'll set a date and get to it soon. I really appreciate it because she does AMAZING work. What fun to have her photographed by a special mama.

2) We're off to the lab soon for more bloodwork (ugh) and to drop off many tubes of poo. Lovely, don't you think?

3) How is it that in one short week my car has turned into a rolling concession stand and toy store? C completely digs her car-seat. She never freaked once. What is strange is that she can sit in the car seat and be happy as a lark as I haul groceries in the house. Back and forth I go. But, if we are in the house and I walk out of the room you would think T-Rex had been unleashed. What in the world is the difference, I wonder?

4) I am a MUCH happier mama for now. We had three great nights in a row with last night being back to her China self. She slept for 12 hours with one brief orphan wail that subsided in seconds. I am on my knees thanking everything holy for each peaceful night we get. Life is so much easier when we are both well-rested.

5) Each day C blooms a bit more. I LOVE that part. She is also VERY partial to her grandma...it's a mutual admiration society.

6) Please don't be paranoid and think I meant you because of what I said in my last post...I wasn't whacked at everyone. Those who were offensive are aware. It was simply those who like to tell me (and everyone else) how it MUST be done lest my girl become the next Manson. We're doing just fine, thank you :0)

7) Wishing you all a fabulous weekend.

17 comments:

Beth Snow said...

Connie - Love the blog! You have such a way with words - you should write a book. I'd buy it!! It looks like C is doing quite well. She's such a cutie!! Maddie is adjusting well and finally sleeping thru the night.

Beth

Unknown said...

Yay, sounds like things are going well. I was going to comment on your last post, but blogger wouldn't let me. Boo Blogger!

There is nothing like getting some sleep to help everyone feel better.

I'm pretty sure I can guess who your photographer is. It's who I'd ask if I lived nearby. I'm betting those are going to be some great photos.

Lisa and Tate said...

I really must say that when my bloglines light up your blog I just get excited. It does a heart good to see a single gal doing the momma thing. I guess I put myself in your place and live thru you. At least until end of this month. GASP.. I can't believe I can write that and MEAN IT!!!

Can't wait to hear more and see pictures... Thanks so much for taking the little time you have for posting.

Polar Bear said...

One Adorable little CW
+
One Fantastic Photographer =

Amazing Pictures!

I can't wait to see them!!

Love the diaper story!

Anonymous said...

you sounds a gazillion times better. sleep is the best, isn't it?

great you have a photog who you know - you'll probably get even better photos because you'll be relaxed.

kiss that chicken wing for me.

Sara said...

Glad things are getting better, the transition can be very difficult at times. Just hang in there and enjoy every moment of her sweetness...the rest will come with time. :-)

Abby's Mom said...

purplestork.com is who I used for my announcements. (Not that you asked :)

Glad you both are rested! Have a great weekend and take lot's of pictures so that you post em here :)

Vivian M said...

Yay, glad you both got some restful sleep! Hope that trend continues :o)

I bet the pictures are going to be fabulous, please share them.

geminirn said...

AHHH!!YES! SLEEP DOES DO WONDERFUL THINGS FOR ONE....SO PLEASED TO HEAR YOUR BOTH GETTING SOME!!

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Since you're asking for unsolicited advice.....:-)

One thing I did find helpful when I had babes that didn't want to sleep in the crib, I left them in the car seat if they were sleeping. I didn't care what ANYONE thought, I just needed sleep. You do whatever you have to, honey.

I hated doing the poo tests. They suck. I must say, though, pee tests are waaaay harder to collect. :-)

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

So good to hear that you and C are getting some well deserved rest. I can't imagine how exhausted you must still be.

Rhonda said...

Glad to hear that CW is sleeping well. If it's not too much of a problem, could ya give her a hug for us? ;)

Anonymous said...

First of all, I'm jealous about the sleep, but very happy for you. Second, don't you just love those comments from know-it-alls?...once someone informed me that candy can cause tooth decay. Seriously? I've never heard that one before!

Tiffany

Catherine said...

Glad to hear your mojo is kickin back in and that C is seeing what a great time the land of zzzzz's can be. Hmmm, interesting car seat vs. room thingy.

Still thrilled out of my tree for you and the Wing!!!

Anonymous said...

I love the car seat issue. We have crap all over our car area. It is like digging our kid out of a hole when we go to pick him up out of the seat. There is food, cars, sunglasses, tissues. You name it. I am ALWAYS cleaning that stuff.

Colleen said...

I am so happy to hear things are going better for you both. One day at a time right? :)

Happy weekend. Smooches.

Brownie Troop 157 said...

Sweet dreams, you two!