Well, hasn't it been an eon!?! I figured I better take the moment to get the word out that we're still among the living. I never fail to be shocked how quickly the time goes by. Despite the bullets you'll see below C and I are doing well. Since the last time here.....
* My mom has been in the hospital...out of the hospital....in the hospital...out of the hospital. We are out now and doing alright at the moment. She's one tough cookie.
* I have taken on a grad student at work and am enjoying it. One learns a lot about themselves when trying to teach another. Even so, I won't be signing on for that too often. The time commitment is not something I can maintain.
* My home heating system passed away. Just the other day I had a new system installed. $$$$$$$$$$$ is the word of the day. It was quite a ride because equipment had to be special ordered due to the configuration of my heating space. But, at least I don't have to pack up C and head to my parents to bathe anymore because it was so cold here.
* We had a special second birthday here! Small but just right for my girl. She is a full-time chatterbox these days and has such a goofy sense of humor. I love it.
* Why is it that I would frequently have quieter call nights before C arrived? Now it seems I can almost have a promise of going in every night I am on call. Makes me feel my age ;0)
* C is on the slate to start tumbling classes in April. Whew...we have needed to do that for a while. I am rather assured she is going to love it. I will be shocked if not.
* The snowsuit picture is all a charade. C does NOT dig the snow at all. Who knows? She flips about some textures and sensations but is not concerned about others. Snow is a flipper. For the reasons noted below, I'm not going to push it.
* Now, the crowning bullet. There aren't many pictures posted here because 1) The few good ones I have are still on my camera and 2) there have been less photos taken. My poor baby has had a way to go. She has developed a serious skin condition that will be a lifelong battle. It is difficult but it is not dangerous. In hindsight I could kick myself for trying to use holistic things and wimpy OTC products when this first started. I could also give myself a kick for letting the ped convince my she didn't need to see derm sooner. But, hindsight is 20/20. I won't bore you with all the stuff that has gone on over the past 5 weeks or so. Suffice it to say it was tough but we are finding a management plan that works for us. We actually spent C's 2nd birthday at the derm making a new plan. She had multiple skin infections and, unfortunately, was quite disfigured at that point albeit temporarily. Right now? My girl has her gorgeous baby skin back and is no longer in pain with severe itching resulting in skin infections. She looks entirely 'normal' and I am breathing a sigh of relief for her. The discomfort was miserable. I had to pull some strings but we now have a fabulous derm and I am feeling much better about things. Granted, to keep my girl in her baby skin it takes no less than 90 minutes a day with various interventions/products. But, the difference is incredible. So, with that already busy life we have carved out even more time to keep her skin healthy. Not easy but worth every second. This is part of why I have lost all contact with the computer, etc. lately. But, what seemed so daunting at first is becoming second nature. Our regimen will be easier in the summer months but it will remain intensive, most likely, for years to come. That's okay. It could be SO much worse.
* So, that's it for now. Hopefully, I'll unload that camera soon and show you how big my sweetheart is getting.
* Congrats to all recently home and recently receiving referrals. I have a few things to mail out that, shamefully, have been around for MONTHS! I will get there before your girls go to college ;0)



14 comments:
GREAT to hear from you and that things are going well.
I am glad that you've got C's skin condition under control. I am looking forward to seeing you soon (and I am not talking profesionally!)
You've sure had your hands full!! I'm glad things sound like they are on the upswing.
So sorry to read about your mom.
Keeping you and Miss C in my thoughts.
Love the snowsuit picture! I can't believe how big she looks!! She looks like a little girl! Where's that baby? :o)
It's so great to see a new post from you. I've missed your witty ways.
Looking forward to even more pictures of your snow-bundled cutie.
ahhh so good to hear from you and C!! Glad you are well and making it though the winter.
Sorry to hear your mom has had some visits to the hospital...hope she is on the mend and won't have to make any more visits.
Glad you have the skin issues under control, sounds kind of sucky to have such a regimen but if it is working then keep it up...her skin always looks so baby soft in pictures!!
Again great to hear from you!
Sounds like you have been busy! So glad to hear you're doing well and that your issue w/ C's skin is under control. I grew up with terrible eczema and we tried a zillion things before it was really resolved, so I remember it from a kids' perspective - NOT FUN AT ALL. I definitely feel for her. Glad for an update! I have a friend with a darling little boy she adopted from China and I think about you whenever I see them and wonder what you guys are up to!!
So glad to hear from you! So sorry to hear about your many trials lately, but glad y'all are well in spite of them.
And "but what seemed so daunting at first is becoming second nature." We feel that way about the Tongginator's sensory issues. The Tongginator has eczema - once she flared up SO VERY BADLY and I later found out it was because I used lotion specially formulated for eczema, with lavender in it... only the Tongginator is allergic to lavender. Oops.
Always a treat to open Google Reader and see your name pop up.
So sorry to hear about little C and all the skin challenges she has been facing. Poor lamby. Itchy skin is the worst! Glad to hear you've found something that works for you and her. Hopefully she enjoys the treatments too or it could be a long 90 minutes for you.
Love you friend!
You get your incredible spirit from your mom from what I see. And Miss C will develop hers from learning from you.
Good to hear that things are getting better.
Always here...
Keep smilin!
So sorry for the frustrations of getting medical treatment (for your Mom and little daughter).
We do need to see some more pictures... please.
Love the snow suit!
Alyzabeth's Mommy
Hi C & C. Wow - she is growing! Can you believe it's been almost a year? Can you believe it's only been a year?! Glad to hear that you guys are doing well.
what a happy surprise to see a post from you...so sorry about your mom in/out of the hospital....and so sorry about C's skin -but glad you have found something to work for her. She is just absolutely precious in that snow suit. :)
Congrats on your first year anniversary with Claire.
Can you believe its been a year already? It seems like a month or so ago, we were all in the cold office in Jiangxi.....
thanks for such a great update, and glad you're finding the solution for her skin :O)
Glad to see your update, and thinking about you guys, as always. Sending good thoughts for your mom and for C's skin stuff and for you!
Post a Comment