Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Happy, Happy Holidays...our first at home.


She just adored Santa (it is just a coincidence that her molars look like fangs ;0) I suspect she'll love the guy once she figures out how it all works.

It is jaw-dropping to me that it has been nearly a year since I first saw that little face.
It seems she has been here no time at all. It seems as though she has been with me forever. I know this makes sense to many of you. Christmas day 2008: I was matched with C that very day. That will make each Christmas just a little more special around here. Thank you CCAA!

I cannot begin to explain all the changes that have occurred in our lives this past year. My girl has been through so much with the transitions as her life turned upside down. Despite all that, she is doing so well. As for me, priorities surely are different as a mom and it can be really rough at times. Still, I have never felt my heart more full than it is with my young sassafras in my life. She is a funny, loving girl. Who knew there would come a day when I would be awakened at 4AM to hear a tiny voice singing her version of 'Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star' in her crib? It just brings a smile to my face.

I am very blessed this Christmas and I look forward to all the Christmases to come with my daughter, extended family and friends. To those still waiting, keep the faith. Dreams really do come true.

A Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

25 comments:

Liz and Ava said...

Merry Christmas to you both!
It will be so special having your girl to share it with this year!

Rhonda said...

A very merry Christmas to you and your sweet girl.

Jewels of My Heart said...

Merry Christmas precious family...
May God continue to bless you.
Love,
Daleea

Catherine said...

Merry Christmas dear friends!! I truly know what you mean when it seems she's been with you forever! What a wonderful day Christmas day will be as you remember your most precious gift!! Have a wonderful Christmas together...the first of many!

t~ said...

Merry Christmas C&C!
Enjoy your first Christmas together!

Mike and Rhonda said...

What a precious baby girl and what a precious post. Merry Christmas!

Special K said...

Merry Christmas... I'm sure this will be the best one ever with that beautiful little girl now finally home where she belongs. :)

Kayce said...

Merry Christmas to you two!! Enjoy all the great moments that tomorrow will bring.

Luna said...

Merry Christmas C & C!! I just know this is going to be the BEST Christmas ever!!

Scrappy Bug said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS CCs! :) its absolutely gob smacking just what a difference a year makes!

Now, I want to address the issue of traumatising your child!!!! Tari WOULD'VE had the same reaction... she was tearing at my body like a wild cat as we approached the man in red... soo I did the decent thing, and sat with her.... although I subconciously really did want a photo just like yours!!! ARGH!!! I'm a monster of a mother?!!! :) Huge blessings and christmas hugs to you both!

Scrappy Bug said...

Poo! I am logged in as my scrapbooking acct...

SCRAPPYBUG is me, Lee-Anne (other alias' OziMum!... a woman of many facades?!)

Vivian M said...

Merry Christmas!

Polar Bear said...

It's hard to believe it's been a year already!!

You've been on my mind! Hope Santa was good!

Happy New Year to you and Miss PIPA!!

Hugs!!

Alyson and Ford said...

Merry (belated) Christmas! Love reading your updates. Christmas was lots of fun, but AA isn't quite ready for Santa either.
Hope all is just as wonderful in 2010!

Alyzabeth's Mommy

Donna said...

Hope you and your beautiful girl had a wonderful holiday!

Beth Snow said...

I echo your sentiments exactly. Christmas was a special day before, but is more so now because of what the CCAA did for us a year ago on that fateful day. I trust your holiday was as special as ours.

The santa picture cracks me up. Maddie's was much the same! :)

Merry Christmas to you both.

Robin said...

Happy Belated Merry Christmas and Happy Early New Year. :0) So much has changed for both of you girls this year. The first I thought this year is that Christmas tree was coming out again with reason to celebrate :0)
Sending hugs your way for a wonderful New Year. Looking forward to getting together (maybe in the spring) for some Starbucks

a Tonggu Momma said...

Happy belated Christmas to you and your girl, during this very special first Christmas together. LOVED the Santa pic! Heh.

kitchu said...

how i cherish those first santa pics, always makes me smile... cannot BELIEVE it's been almost a year. i will never forget it though, such a magical time.

Paulette said...

Merry Christmas to you both. Life is never the same again is such an incredible way. Dreams do come true for those that dream.

Lisa~~ said...

Wishing you a wonderful 2010 with your sweetie girl. Totally understand that feeling of always being together.

Sylvia said...

I love your Santa pic! SO cute!

I love kids on the lap with Santa pictures. I have mine framed and on display at Christmas. I get such a kick at looking at how their facial expressions change through the years. My 5 year old STILL won't smile!

J said...

We hope you had a wonderful Christmas and wish you a very Happy New Year. The crying santa photo is a classic that I'm sure she will giggle at in a few years (okay, maybe 10).

geminirn said...

Wow!!Hard to believe it has been almost a year.HAPPY NEW YEAR to you and your precious angel as well.

Donna said...

I'm so behind on my blog reading but I was excited to see an update from you. The Santa pic is precious! Happy 2010!

Donna
Our Blog: Double Happiness!