
Well, I had often wondered what I would do when the time came that I got some nasty bug that took me out. Now I know. I was run down out of nowhere last night by the sickness train. C seemed to 'get' that something wasn't right with me and went down for the night about 45 minutes earlier than usual. No muss, no fuss. What a sweetheart. My night was horrendous. Come morning it was all I could do to get her to school so I could come home and collapse. I have never puked so much in such a short period of time in my life. Things aren't looking much better this evening so my dad picked up my girl (I wilted in the backseat). I am just so sad. I feel like I am pushing her away but the thought of her getting what I have is just too much for me. Right now, grandma and grandpa have taken her out to dinner. This is the first time she has been anywhere without me and I'm not sure we're ready for it. My poor girl. At very least, I am grateful she is with grandma and grandpa both of whom she adores. They will be staying the night tonight to ease the way for this lousy-feeling mama.
Looking forward to a better day tomorrow. I hope this stuff leaves as quickly as it arrived.



32 comments:
Oh no - sure do hope you're feeling better fast! How lucky you are to have your parents closeby . . .
It's funny how our kids always seem to have a 'sense' for things that come upon us so suddenly. I'm thinking she'll surprise you - you'll see soon enough =)
Rest up!
So glad your parents are close by. Hope that you get better quickly.
Fingers crossed and a prayer doesn't hurt either that this is just a 24 hour thing and all will be well tomorrow. Kids are always amazing and seem to have that 6th sense.
Hoping you will be well in the morning. Get lots of sleep!! Linda
oh I'm so sorry! hope you're feeling better soon and that C doesn't get it.
I hope you feel better! How wonderful your parents are so close and are able to help out. I know you worry about being away from your girl and her being away from you, but this is a great bonding experience for grandma and grandpa :-)
Holler if you need anything.
Oh no!!! I am so sorry. It is so hard to be sick with a little one. My parents saved me when I was so sick by taking care of Briana after we first got home from China. Feel better soon!!!
Yikes! I hope this is just a 24 hour thing and you're already feeling better.
UGH! Hope you're feeling better soon!
Oh no, I'm so sorry. I hope you're better soon and that baby girl avoids getting it!
Wishing you back to health very soon.
UGh.. I sure hope you are feeling better soon. Children are resilient.. you'll see. The wing knows her momma isn't feeling well and she'll do GREAT with grandma and grandpa! :0)
Oh no poor you, feel better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh mama! I'm so sorry you got the yucks! Hope it passes quickly and you're back on your feet. So glad you got your parents near by to spoil your girl and let you get some rest.
Ugh...poor you! Wish I were closer to lend a hand. Feel better.
Keep smilin!
Oh friend...so sorry you feel like crap. (and puke). I am sure Ms. C was fine with G&G.
Smooches
Oh you poor sweetie! So sorry you're going through this. Praying for you and for protection from the bug for sweet c.
Hang in there and feel better soon. That's what is so awesome about parents. They take care of your baby when their baby is sick. ;-)
Love, hugs, prayers and lots of good mojo! Feel better asap!
Oh Gosh that sounds horrible. I hope it passes quickly for you and you are back to your normal self ASAP. No fun!
Oh no! Feel better soon!
Yuck! Sorry to hear that you have the really bad ickies. Just take the time to get better with plenty of rest.
As hard as it is for you to not be there for C, it really is a great time for her to bond with grands. Sit back, & let them enjoy getting to know each other on this different level.
So sorry to read this. I hope you're feeling better this morning.
Get better soon!! And dont worry about Grams and Gramps....all will be fine. Take care of yourself!!!
I worry about these moments, too. How will we do it as single moms? Call in reinforcements! LOL!
Hope you're quickly on the mend.
Hope you feel better soon my friend. Grandma and Grandpa sound like absolute rockstars, but of course they are the lucky ones because they get to hang out with the coolest grandaughter on the planet! :)
Hugs,
Jonni
You poor thing. Take good care of yourself and know that your girl is in good hands with your parents.
Poor you!!!! Hope you feel better soon. Even though the outing with the grandparents wasn't quite how you planned it, it is good that you are getting that first over with. The second time can be a fun time and you will worry less.
Yuck. I hope you feel back to yourself very soon... how wonderful that your parents are there to help!
Oh yuck! GET BETTER! And don't worry about your little Wing. She will be GREAT! If momma isn't healthy....well, it's not a good thing. Get well soon!
I hope you feel better soon! And one of my good friends - a single momma, too - sings praises about her parents all the time. It's good to have grandparents nearby, isn't it?
Oh no -- hope you're feeling better soon! Great that your parents can help out! Take care.
Janet
Get well soon!!!!!
Post a Comment