Okay, I have heard conflicting reports on the following items. I already checked the TSA site but let me know what 'real life' experiences you have had. People have told me they have had the following items confiscated at the airport and, once, I did have one taken away too.
Without further ado, do the following items go in your quart bag? I am giving my answers but it doesn't mean I actually know. Thanks for your input.
1) Mascara (I say 'yes')
2) Mineral powder makeup/compacts (I say 'no')
3) Solid deodorant sticks (I say 'no')
4) Chapstick (I say 'no')
5) Baby wipes in a Ziploc...is this considered 'liquid' and a problem?
Thanks :0)
Thursday, February 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



23 comments:
mascara is a definite yes-I got that confiscated too. :)
I'd play it safe and put the chapstick in the bag, some TSA'ers will let it slide and others won't.
deoderant should be fine as well.
baby wipes in a ziploc are fine-never had a problem.
you may also want to buy the antibactieral wipes and ziploc them too-WAY better to use on sticky faces and hands ...and tables and such than the gel. just my 2 cents. :)
The only one I have experience with is Chapstick and I've never had it taken away. Ooops...didn't even think it should have gone in the bag. Went through airport security 12+ times last year with chapstick in my purse each time. Will be going through again Saturday and will let you know if anything has changed. I need new mascara. Want me to test it out for you? If they take mine away I'll buy a new one. Let me know friend...
I won't be much help here, I would have to answer IDK to all. Except the baby wipes . . . u can honestly never have enough. Who would ever restrict them in any way? especially on an airplane??? Nuts. They should allow an entire quart bag just with wipes.
I had a strict TSA person make me put my deodorant into a bag. The others I would say no.
Oh yea - I also brought the Clorox travel wipes on plane ride. Perfect for wiping down tray table, fortunately before Mali began lick it.
This is what I did ...
Mascara - yes.
Mineral makeup - no.
Deodorant - no.
Chapstick - I did, just to be safe.
Baby wipes - I had the little antibacterial wipes, and I did put them in the bag, again, just to be safe.
Mascara, yes put in a quart bag
Mineral powder, no
Chapstick, I say yes because they once confiscated my lipstick
Deodorant, yes (because of the above answer)
Wipes, no
We also took antibacterial wipes as well and used them often. Good luck!
Remember I had my mascara taken once when it wasn't in a ziploc bag. Pug Mama had her Burt's taken, I think, or they threatened to take it. She'll have to clarify that one. It should be against the law to take away someone's Burt! (Burt's Bees lip balm) ;o)
That's interesting about the wipes. I am curious now!
I agree. My lipstick was fine, but if you have room, why take the chance?
I bagged my deodorant, but mine is more gel-like. Didn't want to take a chance.
I put all the definites in the bag, then I put in all the maybes. The just-in-case items got squeezed in. I was amazed by how much that bag would hold.
My experience flying out of CVG (last week, last Novemeber and last February) was that none of those items were required to be in the quart bag. Happy packing!
I just went through DFW with all the items you mentioned and none of it got taken. They have lightened up on all this a lot! In fact there is discussion whether bottled water will be allowed to be taken through security again.
I think you are safer with the baby wipes than the antibacterial gel(gels are what they are most concerned about).
I even had toothpaste in there(small tube).
HTH and I know what you mean about delayed TA. We waited a L-O-N-G time and it really sucked.
Warmly,
Kyra
I would put mascara, solid deodorant and chapstick all in the quart bag just to be safe. I did have to chuckle with the list a little, mascara & makeup, you'll be lucky to get that chapstick on your lips once you have Pipa!
No problem with baby wipes or anti-bacterial wipes in your carry-on, no need to put them in a ziplock.
I vote to leave ALL makeup at home. You'll be beautiful without it and you'll save space to boot.
Hi ..
mascara --yes
mineral makeup --no
solid deoderant --no but gel =yes
never had a problem with baby wipes or with wet ones I used to clean things on the plane or in the airport. left them in their original packaging.
Best of luck .. not long now!
Margie
I agree. No on everything but mascara. But I'm only going with my USA flight experience. Never been overseas.
I just traveled over the holidays and here is what I did:
1) Mascara bagged
2) Makeup that is powder form not bagged
3) deodorant not bagged
4) chap stick not bagged and in my purse actually
5) Didn't deal with these, but figure you'll be in China long enough to scope them out in Walmart right? (if I was pressed to choose I'd say unopened travel size in a bag.)
ok my 2 cents -
Put all that stuff in the checked luggae - except the wipes on the way home - oh and the chapstick - the rest - forgetabout it!!!!
Good Luck(you will have enough to carry...)
Wow I didn't put this much thought into and we flew in July. I brought a compact and chapstick, no problem. We also had ibuprophen no problem. I would say try to bring some type of deoderant as we didn't and by the time we got to Taiwan, we NEEDED it with a vengence. BAby wipes were no problem at all. Seriously we didn't have a problem with anything we brought. Do they really take away your mascara? Maybe we just had good people b/c we flew from the east coast and i didn't feel like they were strict at all except with water.
You are allowed to bring milk and drinks for babies and small children. I should think the babywipes are in the same category.
If you put them into sealed bags you should be good.
Mascara is a definite yes. I bagged my deo because I was paranoid. They almost confiscated my chapstick, so I bagged it on the way home. Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!
I went completely makeup-less (?) on the looooong flight from GZ to LAX and packed all that stuff in my checked luggage. I wore makeup when we received Caroline (duh, pictures being taken and all!)and around town, but not for the flights.
Baby wipes and small (under 2 oz)hand sanitizers should be fine if you need them.
If you have a question about anything you are allowed to take on your flight just email me, my mother is a TSA person and knows all the regulations.
www.beckybennett8@msn.com
Congrats on finally going to China to get your long awaited child!
Post a Comment