Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Flap, flap...

It's all official now. Well, except for confirming the pet/house sitter, getting the virgin money, getting a few more passport size photos, arranging a kabillion appointments, etc.

We (SIL and I) fly to Chicago on February 25th and then on to Beijing from the Windy City. We arrive in Beijing the afternoon of February 26th.

March 1st is the target PIPA day!!!!

Consulate appointment is set for 3-9 and home again on 3-11 arriving after 9PM. (Psychopath that I am, PIPA's ped appointment is the next morning! We'll see how that holds.)

I have chosen the Victory over the White Swan. Let's face it, I am a practical gal who finds it wiser to save a buck if the accommodations are nice and given a choice. I have heard no complaints about the Victory and I certainly don't give a rat's bum about the Going Home Barbie so it's 'V' for Victory for me and the ladies!

On call again for me tonight but wanted to get the news out there. This is just surreal!

Oh, if you are a crook and happen to know where I am (the precise reason I don't want people mentioning specifics here ;0) note that I did say HOUSE SITTER and, if I forgot, ALARM SYSTEM. So, no, this place is no easy pickins.

31 comments:

Kim said...

YEA...
How exciting..
You are almost there..
You are brave scheduling that appt. the day after you arrive home..
Hope you have an easy evening..
Hugs..

Jesser said...

YAY!!! That is sooooooo exciting!!! Congrats. Don't forget to mention the fierce guard dog I'm loaning you ... Loki, of course.

Tami said...

YEA! YEA! YEA! YEA!!!!!
You. Are. So. Very. Close!!!! :)

a Tonggu Momma said...

March 1 is our adoption day!!! And we left for China on the 24th. How funny to see your journey at the same time of year, four years later. I can't wait!!!!

Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

Awesome news...you are almost there. So very happy for you.
Hugs!!

wzgirl said...

OMGosh, this is really happening! Yay!!!!!!! Congrats, you. xo

Vivian M said...

Wow, it's finally happening. After all this time, you are going to finally hold your daughter in your arms! I hope you will be blogging from China, I cannot wait to see pictures of the Pipalicious girl and her Mommy!

Anonymous said...

Whoo hoo baby.

Anonymous said...

Great news! I'm so glad all is coming together and you are finally on your way. Let me know if you have much of a layover at OHare,

You are almost there......

Ava's family said...

I'm so excited for you! I've heard nothing but good things about the Victory. If all 5 of us end of going....I'll be looking into staying there too. I heard the rooms are bigger for a lot less cash. Win win in my book!

M and M said...

18 more sleeps until she is in your arms!!

Polar Bear said...

Kabillion! I LIKE that word. I'll have to add it to my word bank. Now I can say, "there are a kabillion dingle-dorks on the road today!" :o)

I can't wait for March 1st!!! So will that be February 28th here? Hey! You leave two weeks from TODAY!!! 14 days Mamacita!!!! 14 DAYS to lift off!!!! Wow! That gave me a chill!!!

Briana's Mom said...

You are on your way girl! So exciting!

We stayed at the White Swan, but I have heard great things about the Victory. Mainly that the beds are softer than at the White Swan!

Sandra said...

CANNOT believe it is finally here!

When we were in Guangzhou we did stay at the WS, but had some people in our group that opted to stay at the V and they loved it! You are still in the middle of the island and all the action, so I see no problem ;-)

Catherine said...

Wheeee!!! You're SO close! How exciting it must be to book appts for your daughter!! Your sweetness will soon be in your arms....just where she belongs!

Deb said...

Thank you for sharing your story. This is so exciting. How/will you be posting from China?

Safe travels!

Deb

4D said...

I am so happy and cannot wait to see pics of Pipa in your arms!

Keep smilin!

Linda said...

So happy you have travel all taken care of. Cannot wait to see Pipa in your arms..
Donna stayed at the Victory and she liked it. Rooms were a little bigger then white swan, and internet in room. She could post all the time, Starbu*ks around the corner with a great patio to people watch.
Here's hope that time goes by quickly... Linda

Unknown said...

I'm glad you will be in Beijing in February because they close Tiananmin (sp?) Square for all of March due to the People's Congress (all the reps from the different provinces go to Bejing to discuss the new laws). Guards everywhere to protect the reps and such.

Looking forward to March 1! We got Caroline on March 14. Beijing will be cold like Chicago but GZ will be warm like Miami (at least that was our experience). Use Space Bags for your winter clothes to save room in your luggage.

Yippee!!

Headmeister said...

I'm just gonna come over to rifle through your underwear drawer :P

Gretchen said...

yeah....less than a month away and you'll have your PIPA safe and sound in your arms!

Colleen said...

OH!MY!GOD!!!!!!!!!!!! Your going to CHINA!!!! I can't take it. This is soooo freakin exciting. Will you be posting from over yander? Pleeasse?!?!?

White swan is lovely - but the beds do suck.

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Shucks. And I was definitely planning on robbing your house. Too bad. :-(

I am SO excited for you! MARCH 1ST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you believe it? I would be a MESS Of nerves and excitement. Well, actually, I usually am....:-) Can't WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!

t~ said...

Woohoo!

I have heard that the Victory is much larger and nicer than the White Swan. Our agency only books us at the WS, so I guess I'll be bringing home the barbie...if I ever get to China that is.

Special K said...

OMG! You're REALLY going to China!
Somebody pinch me... I must be dreaming. LOL!

Robin said...

YIPPEE!! Plans arranged.. however, I still don't know where you are flying in or out of in Ohio. Was that on purpose?? hehe. It's ok if you don't truly want a homecoming party. Totally understand. But if you think you can tolerate it.. we'd really like to try our best to be there. Of course, it all depends on when you are arriving home. I can do evening and even late night but I don't think I can do middle of the day. Shoot me an email when/if you get time and let me know.

ps.. your goodies will be in the mail on Friday since that's the first day I'll be able to make it to the post office since I'm off :0)

Kayce said...

So exciting! I'm with you on the Victory thing...save a buck and who cares about the Barbie. Pipa day 16 days and counting!

LaLa said...

YAY YAY!!! So happy for you!!! I can't wait to see her in your arms : ) We did Coby's appt the same day we got home....but that was only b/c of the MRSA incident... but I did do Annslee's two days after coming home. Seriously, just neurotic like that LOL

Shucks.... I was planning on robbing you too.... ; )

Julia said...

I am cracking up over your note to the wayward crook. :-)

Paula said...

Awesome! Everything is finally all coming together. We're halfway through Feb. so you're almost there. YES!

kitchu said...

one of my closest friends (Ni Hao Y'all blog) from our first adoptions (who I just happened to be on the phone with yesterday) raved about the Victory actually- said the rooms were MUCH bigger than WS... :O) I plan to do the same. Anytime I can be frugal, I'll be frugal!

I almost called you yesterday... had a moment, needed you... but know how busy you are.