Sunday, March 1, 2009

Wow!

Nothing goes according to plan. The babies arrived earlier than expected but you won't find me complaining about that one!

What an amazing day. What an incredible kiddo. I'm one happy mama.

I have a wonderfully curious, active and happy girl. She has been a joy from the first moment. So much so a joy that I was worried about her response. But, thanks to my SIL, she took away PIPA's toy for a but a moment and the tears and unhappiness came. I was glad to see something ticked her off ;0) Oh, and a big thanks to Robin for the cookies and Chinese snacks. They were a major score.

Seriously, someone does know what they are doing because we seem to be fitting together like peas and carrots so far. She is an easy going kinda gal.

I still really can't believe this beautiful child is my daughter. Time to go curl up and stare at her for a while.









137 comments:

dawn said...

No words can truly express how happy we are for you.
Pipo is beyond beautiful.
Congratulations to Mama and daughter.
Suddenly life makes sense.

dawn said...

P.S. I forgot to say that all this excitement so early is the day has got me doing the ugly cry.

Amy @ TheCottageDiaries.com said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!! She's beautiful. :)

Kim said...

OMW...
Pipa is SOOOO BEAUTIFUL..
I love the photo of her checking her MOMMY out..
Hugs..
sooooo happy everything is going sooo well.
Have a great evening..
Can't wait for more..
CONGRATULATIONS ...

Liene said...

Once you're a mom it's hard to get your life to go according to plan. It's been that way since we adopted Eriks.

She takes my breath away every time I look at her referral photo and now that she's a little bigger and has more hair I can tell you that you have a girl who will be a knock out and the boys won't leave alone.

I am so happy for you and now more eager than ever for it to be my turn. It's so hard not to have small pangs of jealousy. But seeing you and Pipa reminds me that my time WILL come.

Can't wait to see what pictures you'll show us next!

M and M said...

OMG - Look at those cheeks! She is gorgeous! I love the 4th picture where she is just gazing into your eyes and checking you out!

This is all just so exciting. I have goose bumps all over!!

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

I didn't expect to cry. But I am crying. I am beyond happy for you and for Pipa. Words just can't express how happy.
You look like a natural Mama, for sure and I love the picture of her staring up into your eyes. I am in love with this moment. Enjoy your daughter!!

J said...

Congrats Pipo,
She's beautiful and so perfect. So glad you guys are doing so well. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.

Sam said...

Mama and daughter are just so perfect together!!!! Congrats on your wonderful day!!!! Beautiful little girl!

Jill said...

She is nothing short of stunning!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!
Enjoy these moments! (And Nanchang!)
Hugs, Jill

jeanette said...

she is just beautiful..and you look so happy!

congratulations mommy!!!

Red Sand said...

The pictures of her watching you and trying to figure you out are priceless. So much happiness in this post - I love it! Congratulations!!

Sandra said...

Oh, I'm crying. At last you are together and she couldn't be cuter. Congratulations to you both!!!

Joan said...

Pipa is beautiful. I love how she is looking at you. She looks wonderful. Very happy for you.

Catherine said...

Oh PIPO! She's BEAUTIFUL!!! Your baby girl is with her mommy!

CONGRATULATIONS friend!! Many tears of joy being shed on your behalf.

So very, very happy for you!!

t~ said...

OMG, it's early a.m. here and this is the first thing I've done today...haven't even had coffee yet and you have me in the ugly cry. She is so beautiful and I love how she is checking you out with so much curiosity. Welcome Mama to the rest of forever.

Gail said...

Well I'm crying and don't know what else to say except Congratulations!!! She is beautiful and perfect. Enjoy every moment. :)

Headmeister said...

It's too hard to put into words how I'm feeling for you right now... all I can say is that I'm soooooo happy with tears for you!!!!!!!! I love you, I love Claire, and my heart bursts for you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pug Mama said...

Oh C.
I am sitting here sobbing.
I am so happy for you - you two look PERFECT togther - she is just stunning, as are YOU mama.
This is one gig you were meant for!
Seeing you two together...you have made this wait easier for me. Somehow missing the cut off by 2 days doesn't seem so bad any longer.

Not gonna lie - I clicked on your blog and right away scrolled down to the pictures and THEN went back up to read the post! After I cried my fool head off, of course!!!!!

Ohhhhhh my dear friend - now do you understand what I said?
Now you will know the TRUE meaning of the word LOVE.
XOXOXOX
ps - tell Claire Auntie Pug Mama can't wait to meet her!!!!!

Special K said...

Bawling the big ole ugly cry here.
You two look perfect together. Congratulations!! Your daughter is beautiful. YOUR daughter... those words are magical, no? LOL!

Liz and Ava said...

OMG! She's just beautiful! You two so look like you belong to each other! Congratulations Mama!!!

FinsUp said...

Congratulations! You just met your best friend.

Leslie
single mom to Fin, single kiddo

Carol said...

Beautiful! Thrilled for you!

D & S said...

Congratulations!!! She's beautiful and she does look very happy there. Glad everything is going well.

A Beautiful Mess said...

OMG C....she is beautiful! You two make one good lookin' family!

You and your daughter together forever...finally!

Puddin' said...

Oh my! Congratulations Pipo!! She is gorgeous and beautiful! She certainly is quite smitten with her Mommy too! CONGRATULATIONS!! :)

Mike and Rhonda said...

Wow! She is a cutie, those rosey cheeks!!!!!Yep, your mouth will hurt from smiling and laughing so much.

In the wee hours when you first wake up, you will have to remind yourself what has happen....of course unless she is screaming!

Enjoy the love....there is just nothing like in this world.

park it said...

I am so happy for you - what a wonderful day!!! Mommy - at LAST!!!
Enjoy this special time!
Hugs from us in FL

park it said...

I am so happy for you - what a wonderful day!!! Mommy - at LAST!!!
Enjoy this special time!
Hugs from us in FL

park it said...

I am so happy for you - what a wonderful day!!! Mommy - at LAST!!!
Enjoy this special time!
Hugs from us in FL

Mary said...

I am so happy for you! Mother and daughter together at last! Enjoy! I hope she sleeps well for you tonight.

Laurie said...

OH MY GOODNESS!! What a beautiful girl! Such a happy family...enjoy that time staring at your daughter (yep -she is really yours.).

Vivian M said...

OMG, I have never even met you and I am sitting here crying (tears of joy) and have goose flesh!!!
FINALLY!!!!
I am SO very happy for you and PIPA and you both look wonderful together! And the best is yet to come.
Congratulations on your Gotcha day!!!

Tami said...

Congratulations Mom! What awesome, beautiful pictures. What an absolute blessing she is, already. ;>)

Tami said...

Congratulations Mom! She is beautiful! : What an absolute blessing she must be. Give her extra hugs and loves...and keep those pictures coming!!!!! :)

Tami said...

Congratulations Mom! She is beautiful! : What an absolute blessing she must be. Give her extra hugs and loves...and keep those pictures coming!!!!! :)

HuluMama said...

Congratulations MOM!!!! Love the pictures of your family.

Jacquie said...

Delurking to say.......

CONGRATULATIONS! Your daughter is stunning.

Abby's Mom said...

OH MAN!!! She is beautiful! I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!! Thanks for posting so many wonderful pictures :) Congratulations Mommy and Pipa!

P.S. Love all of Pipa's expressions. Looks like she is inspecting you and also sizing you up :) Also looks like you have passed her inspection :)

Sylvia said...

What a way to start the day! Your pictures are so sweet. I love the rosy cheeks!

Look forward to following your journey in China and seeing more pictures.

kitchu said...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! speechless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sara said...

Tears of joy are flowing for you and your little one! She is BEAUTIFUL, congratulations mama!!

Sara and Miya-

Polar Bear said...

Oh My Goodness!!!!!!!!!
I have been checking every hour for the last three or so hours. R finally said, "I bet she is a little busy." So I took one more look one more time and HOLY COW!!!!

PIPA is absolutely gorgeous!! I am so very happy for you. You look wonderful!! And so very happy!

Congratulations CMama!!

Hugs!!!!

Linda said...

Just Beautiful!!! Look at that face!! She looks like a girl who will be happy and keep you busy.
The pictures of you together are just wonderful, such a long time coming, but oh so sweet.. Tears and prayers sent for adjustment to go easy and for many smiles to happen.. Both fir you and your Pipa. Linda

Tamara said...

Whoo hoo! I havn't been able to get you off my mind and couldn't wait to log onto the computer this morning to see pictures of the 2 of you FINALLY together! I adore the ones of her looking at you with love in her eyes. Priceless. It brings back all my gotcha memories which still (and I'm sure always will) makes me teary eyed and grateful.

Pink Velvet Mommy said...

What an amazing site to see:)

What a beautiful girl and a beautiful mama with her girl!!

Glad things are going great, wishing you the same for the rest of the trip.

Congrats!!

Briana's Mom said...

Congratulations!!!!! What a beauty. Seeing you two together melts my heart - truly! I love how you are looking at each other. Love at first sight I tell ya! Sending big congrats hugs across the ocean!!!!!

Michelle said...

Beautiful! Congratulations!!

Aorijia said...

CONGRATULATIONS

~Kristen said...

Oh My... Claire is just beautiful, and look at all that hair!!!

I can't stop looking at the pictures... What a wonderful day. Can't wait to see more...

Congratulations Mama!!

Ava's family said...

Congratulations, Mama! Tears of joy for you, friend.....And a few SQUEALS as well! Your daughter is BEAUTIFUL. Peas & carrots...Very cool!

Ms. Pollywog said...

Congratulations, Mama!!!

She is amazing!

~ Alison said...

You two look awesome together - great pics =)

Enjoy every moment with that beautiful little pumpkin.

Looking fwd to many more pics!!

XoXo ~A & M

Marla said...

OMG, I totally have chills!!! Congratulations Mommy!!! She is just gorgeous and I LOVE the way she is looking at you. I couldn't be more thrilled for you!!

Bailey said...

WOOHOO!!! I am so excited for you. PIPA is just adorable, and like you said, you two go together like peas and carrots. Oh, I cannot wait to see more pictures. Congrats to you both!

Bailey said...

WOOHOO!!! I am so excited for you. PIPA is just adorable, and like you said, you two go together like peas and carrots. Oh, I cannot wait to see more pictures. Congrats to you both!

EJ said...

What a fabulous series of pictures!! Pipa is just adorable and you can just see the connection in the photos. Pipa is definitely checking out her Mama and from the pictures it looks like she is just as delighted with you as you are with her! Enjouy this special time!!
Ellen

Colleen said...

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why did I think I had until tomorrow to start sobbing??? My days are all off. Good lord she is beautiful Those pictures of her looking up at you melt my heart. You are a MOMMY!!! Oh I am so happy.... what a good day this is. Sending much love and hugs to you both.

4D said...

Congratulations Mom!! She is darling and you both fit together beautifully. Her eyes are so dark and speak so much.

I am so happy for you both!

Keep smilin!

geminirn said...

Oh she is just beautiful.......love the big eyes looking into mommies.I'm so happy for the both of you,it is hard to believe she is finally in yourloving arms...right where she belongs!

Hugs from Canada!

Julia said...

Oh would you look at those cheeks! Those are pretty darn kissable and I bet the rest of her too. Congratulations Momma, enjoy your new family! :-)

Diana said...

Congratulations, She is just BEAUTIFUL!!! I am so happy for you:)

Kayce said...

The smile on your face says it all! HUGE congratulations and tears of joy for you from all of us here. Dreams do come true. Enjoy every moment.

Lily's Pad said...

What wonderful news to see this morning. She is gorgeous!! I am so happy for you. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Mary

Unknown said...

Beautiful, beautiful baby. I love the picture of her gazing at you while you beam with joy. That is one for the scrapbook for sure. I am so incredibly happy for you.

2china4S said...

Pipa is simply beautiful. I like the picture when she is looking at you. Such great eye contact, and just upon meeting you. Pipa has amazing eyes, like my daughter. She is going to be a heart breaker. Congratulations!

M :-) said...

Oh my gosh! She is so beautiful. The picture of her looking up at you (near the phone) is beyond precious. I love how she is checking you out!

CONGRATULATIONS MOMMY!!! :)

Jenna said...

Yay! Wonderful day!

Allison said...

Oh, what a beauty she is! Congratulations, Mama.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Mom!!!! She's beautiful! I'm just thrilled for you!!!!

Anne Marie said...

Congratulations -- she could not be more beautiful! Thank you so much for posting all the photos of your PIPA!

Kyra said...

Oh how happy I am for the two of you!!!
She is beautiful(of course-all Yichun girls are!)!!!
Enjoy staring at her:-)))))!
Warmest and best wishes,
Kyra

Jewels of My Heart said...

Tears of joy...................
Congratulations to you two...
God is oh, so faithful.
The pics of her looking at you and then the two of you looking at eachother are too beautiful, too precious for words...
and they lived happily ever after...

Deb said...

What a happy day for you, PIPA and all the people who know and love you best.

The connection between the two of you is already evident. The intensity of the eye contact between you shows so much love. Claire has been waiting for you her entire life.

Congratulations!

Deb
tsarb

M3 said...

Whoohooooooo! Congratulations to mama and daughter. You guys look so beautiful together. Happy day!

Adoption & Fire said...

I'm thrilled beyond words for you right now. What a cutie! And so precious.

Mammarazzi Madness said...

Congratulations :)
She is lovely and you must be so thrilled. Enjoy your time in China!
Andrea from Canada

Lisa~~ said...

Such love and sweet pictures. Big huge congrats!!

Michelle said...

She is beautiful. And those pictures of you two together are priceless. Huge, huge congratulations!

Lisa and Tate said...

SCREAM!!!! So happy for you. SHE IS ADOABLE! You look like you are in bliss.

Hugs
Lisa

Lost and Found said...

Congrats. What a precious little girl. Enjoy every minute, they get so big, so fast! When you get to Guangzhou, see Jean at the Ladybug shop. She'll take good care of you.

Ann said...

She's beautiful and I love how intently she's looking at her MOmmy in the pictures...Congratulations..it's so wonderful to finally see her in your arms...wonderful day!!

JMCS said...

Oh honey, she is beautiful. I am so happy for the both of you!!! Life will be forever changed in the most wonderful of ways. Beautiful photos of Pipa and Pipo. I can't wait to hear more. Please give your sweetie a big hug and kiss from us. YAY! :)

Hugs,
Jonni

JMCS said...

Oh honey, she is beautiful. I am so happy for the both of you!!! Life will be forever changed in the most wonderful of ways. Beautiful photos of Pipa and Pipo. I can't wait to hear more. Please give your sweetie a big hug and kiss from us. YAY! :)

Hugs,
Jonni

Ruby's Fairy Godmother said...

Pipo is beautiful....I love the eye contact she is making with you! Enjoy every moment!
Norah

Anonymous said...

You are a beautiful family! I'm crying happy tears for you!!!!

L said...

Oh she is so beautiful. I love, love, love the photo of her looking at you with adoring eyes while you look at the camera. That photo pretty much sums up the awesomeness of this journey. Enjoy every moment with her and thanks for sharing with those of us that wait!
Lyndsey
LID 5/30/06

Johnny said...

Congrats!!!

Tammie said...

The tears are ugly. The heart is smiling & filled to overflowing with joy for you. The pics are wonderful. Thanks for taking the time to post.

Anonymous said...

I set my calendar for this day and made a second exception for my Lenten bloggy break - and that was to see you united with your daughter. She is so lovely and I am so very happy things are going well.

Good luck on the rest of the trip and enjoy her!

Will be catching up on everything else after Easter!

Paulette said...

Congrats Mama she is all yours and it looks like she is saying what took you so long Mama. Enjoy every last minute of these speical first days to come. I am so happy for both of you to finally be in each others arms.

OziMum said...

HOORAY!!!

Claire is gorgeous!!! Look at her gorgeous chubbalicious cheeks!!!

You are absolutely glowing, Mummy!!! SO so happy to hear that Claire is happy!!! Its funny... I was worried too, because Tari was "too" happy?!!!! The longer she is with you, the happier she will be, because she will draw from you!

:) HUGE CONGRATULATIONS!

OziMum said...

I just had to have another look at your photos!!! I LOVE the ones of Claire, just studying your face. Just gorgeous!

And her HAIR! Man, its grown since your last photos of her!!!

a Tonggu Momma said...

It's our four year adoption anniversary today. I can't tell you how excited I am to see the circle continue. Congrats on your daughter PIPO. She is precious.

Super Mommy said...

Oh HAPPY DAY!! I love PIPA - she is beautiful. I love that last picture of you all doing the stare down - too cute!!

Congrats Momma!!!!!

Maggie Vink said...

Just lovely. She's beautiful (and so are you!).

redmaryjanes said...

She is absolutely beautiful! You two look marvelous together. Congratulations!

Kathryn said...

congratulations!!!!!!!! She is just perfect, I am so happy for you!!!!!!!!

Kathryn said...

congratulations!!!!!!!! She is just perfect, I am so happy for you!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Oh Congratulations!!! She's just beautiful and she is obviously one content baby! Look at you two!! She's looking like she wants to check you out as much as you want to check her out!

Time to enjoy, Mama. This time is magical. Check in when you can.

Unknown said...

Oh Congratulations!!! She's just beautiful and she is obviously one content baby! Look at you two!! She's looking like she wants to check you out as much as you want to check her out!

Time to enjoy, Mama. This time is magical. Check in when you can.

t~ said...

Just coming back...for my 4th time today to stare at your beautiful pics....priceless. I am over the moon for you!

Paula said...

Oh my goodness!!! Beautiful - just beautiful!!! A huge congratulations, Mom!

Norma said...

Claire is beautiful! I'm glad things are going so well!

Doreen said...

SHE IS JUST GORGEOUS! Congrats! I have tears in my eyes and I've gotta go back and reread your post.

Doreen in Montreal single mom to Faith-Jiangxi & Mia-Sichuan

Joannah said...

You look like you were meant for each other! Congratulations!!!

Gretchen said...

Savor every precious moment...you deserve it! She's just beautiful!!!

Samantha said...

Congratulations! She is gorgeous! Enjoy!

Traci said...

She's absolutely beautiful.

Congratulations!

Stephe said...

OMG, she's BEAUTIFUL...just PERFECT. Congratulations!!!

Sonia said...

Ahhhh, so sweet! Congratulations to you and your beautiful daughter.
Your wonderful post brought many good memories!

Beeb said...

Thrilled for you! It's amazing to see. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

you two are the very picture of happiness. "congratulations" seems too small a word...

Rhonda said...

Nothing but happy tears for you, my friend! Your daughter is breathtaking. Congratulations, momma!

Anonymous said...

Man are you a popular gal!!!!
Mazel Tov to you both. I love the pictures, especially the one of you looking into each others eyes. Sounds like a perfect connection. I am so happy for you.

Suzie said...

Beautiful! Beautiful! Beautiful! Congratulations mama - this is what it's all about. I couldn't be happier for you! PIPA is absolutely STUNNING!

Truly Blessed said...

The first photo of the two of you looking at each other made my heart stop briefly. This is what it's all about!

Congratulations, Mommy (just think, for the rest of your life you will be someone's Mom!) {{{{chills!}}}}

Kristy said...

There are no words that can express how happy I am for you and Pipa!! She is absolutely beautiful and of course you are peas and carrots , God put both of you together thousands of years ago. I gosh I am soooooo excited for you. MORE PICTURES PLEASE!!!!!

Love,Kristy

Anonymous said...

Connie,
She is beautiful!!!! I am beyond thrilled for you!!! You do fit like peas and carrots. Keep an eye out for our babies!!! We are next!!!

Kelli said...

wow! So nice to see Mama and Claire together at last!! What a total darling! Looking forward to meeting you both in Guangzhou in a few weeks!!!

wzgirl said...

Oh My GOSH...now that is a sight for sore eyes. Hugs Momma! xoxo

Bridget said...

Congratulations. She is just beautiful. You both look so content right from the start. So happy for you both.

Scott and Kim said...

Congratulations Mama and Pipa!! Very sweet pictures!

Angela said...

I'm sure you just can't hear it enough, so here we go:
SHE IS TOO PRECIOUS!!!
Congratulations!

Middle-Aged Moi said...

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I go away from the computer for a couple of days and YOU go and get yourself a DAUGHTER! WOO HOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations! I am VERY happy for you!

cougchick said...

Absolutely Gorgeous! Congrats to you both. I just love the photo of her studying your face.
You're a Momma!!!!! Woohoo!!!!!!

Sarah's proud Mama said...

SOOO happy for you! PIPA is gorgeous and you look so happy to finally be together! Crying happy tears for you!!
Robin

Sofie said...

Oh!!!!!!! THE day has finally come! My eyes are watering and I have a huge grin on my face for you! I can't stop looking at your beautiful pictures. Wow! It looks like a fabulous meeting!SHe is ab. to die for!

Christi and Abbey said...

Yippee!! Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cindy said...

Congratulations to you both! She is beautiful and you are both looking so happy. Enjoy your time together in China...you'll never get it back.

Cindy said...

Congratulations to you both! She is beautiful and you are both looking so happy. Enjoy your time together in China...you'll never get it back.

Karrie said...

She is just gorgeous and you certainly look like the PROUD Momma!!! What a great start to the rest of your beautiful life together. Thanks so much for sharing her with us.
And Congratulations!
Karrie in Southern IN

Manny said...

I m so happy for u 2,words cant describe my feeling....

Shannon said...

Congrats Momma! She looks beautiful and very healthy! What a happy day!!!

LaLa said...

She is soooo BEAUTIFUL!!!! I love the way she is checking you out : )

YAY on the sleep too...

Dori's Mommy (Diana) said...

Congrats! She is just precious!

Anonymous said...

You two look made for each other. All the best.